Monday, September 28, 2009

On slingshot rubber




The number one question people ask me in the forums and on youtube is "What is the best rubber".

Well, of course I have my preferences, but I realize those are largely biased. My favourite slingshot band set won't work for most other shooters.

So I plan to do a scientific research. I have built a wooden construction that allows neutral tests with all kinds of rubber and three different draw lengthes.

My mechanical release is used, to make the results even more objective.

Problem is that my chrony needs overhauling, it took a hit and I think the cable broke. So the tests could not be completed this weekend, I guess we have to wait until next Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever complete this project? I'm curious to compare the results to my own experiments...

    Harry

    ReplyDelete