Sunday, June 13, 2010

Full power slingshot crossbow

OK, it was time for this.

Took the trigger part from my slingshot pistol and eliminated the two problems I had with it:

1. The low power (I simply gave it 87 cm draw length)

2. The dangerous and awkward loading (I added a sliding fork, so you can load it easily and cock it when you are ready to fire).

This is technically and legally a crossbow now, so you have to be 18 to own it in Germany (no problem here - sigh...).

It is a great shooter! I am amazed by its accuracy. I may add a good sighting system.

Thos would probably be a fairly good Zombie weapon. Silent, accurate, and powerful enough for skull penetration. Add a pointed steel rod or a bayonet to the front of the "barrel" and you have a spear as well.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOduqZyBrhU

No comments:

Post a Comment