Saturday, February 12, 2011

Antler Scales On Multiplex Frame





I still have lots of antler material and decided to try using it as scales for a Panther frame.

I started out with 18 mm multiplex, but thinned it down to 16 mm for a better balance.

Then, I cut of two slices from a thick antler part, sawed them out to fit the frame and glued them on. Then, the usual rasp, file and sanding job. Brown ink and linseed oil for the antique finish.

I am blown away by the look and feel of this slingshot, an instant favorite shooter now! The thick handle with the lower part beeing even thicker gives a fantastic grip.

Hammer grip, thumb+index support grip, flats, tubes, a very versatile frame indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Dude... I soo wish I knew how to make that!! And I also wish I knew how antlers feel like! But yeah man, pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete