Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hammergrip style design for "Gamekeeper" John



I asked John if he wanted a hammergrip design from me, as he doesn't have such a model in his portfolio for now. He said yes!

Now I have to take a few things into consideration.

1. He sells his products at a low price (17 pounds). Therefore, it must be possible to make it in reasonable time.
2. Materials, same thing. He uses 18 mm multiplex. So that is what I must use, too.
3. He has his own style (by now), with medium fork height, width and horizontal fork tips. Deep band grooves. That must prevail.

It ain't easy to make a good hammer grip frame from 18 mm boards, as you need something substantial as a handle. I made very good experiences with narrow, but deep handles - this way there is a lot of control over the frame. No unwanted canting. So two parts are needed, and for stability, the fork part goes all the way down the handle part. A little epoxy and all is solid.

I had to optimize it, as always when I make the first sample from a new design. But now it is a fantastic shooter. Note this is not as well finished as my "beauties", simply because it is a prototype.

2 comments:

  1. nice variation of the gamekeeper slingshot. I think it looks better this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u pot a video how to make
    hammer grip slingshot plz

    ReplyDelete