Friday, March 29, 2013

From Jörg Sprave for Jörg Sprave

My name isn't very common in Germany. But I do have exactly one name cousin - a guy whom I never met. As far as I know, we are not even related. But he hasn't anything to do with slingshots, that much is clear.

I have a monster footprint on the web. The other Jörg does not. I have thought quite often about him, poor fellow must have gotten so many remarks and messages because of me.

He wrote me a message lately. A fan sent him a slingshot that was obviously meant for me! He asked for my address so he can forward the parcel. Nice!

I wrote him back, apologized for the hazzle, and expressed my general sympathy for the many other misunderstandings I might have caused. He said no problem! So I promised him a hand made slingshot. He was elated, and even asked me to sign it!

So I made a slingshot from Jörg Sprave for Jörg Sprave. Slightly spalted, well grained birch scales on a 19mm multiplex core. Linseed oil finish. Hand Mortar design (I know I gave this to Cold Steel, but for non commercial use I think that is still OK).





I will band this up with a nice target band set, ideally suited for beginners, and I will add some ammo, too. Who knows, maybe soon we will have TWO Jörg Spraves that shoot slingshots!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Mr Jörg Sprave, I have recently begun watching your video's on youtube after purchasing my first 2 slingshots and have been enjoying your video's and polite enthusiasm on this hobby very much, I have justnenquired about the bronze hammer where you showed us how you make them in Shefiled and decided to buy one! I also decided to get the dankung panther....which led me to watch your final video where you said you could not make them anymore due to other peoples comments, i felt a bit down as I was ejoying them very much!
    Well I'm very glad you have decided to continue this blog which I will follow with interest!
    Thank you and please keep up your work for us to read and see! I would love to be able to add to the panther as you have!

    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joerg always watch your videos, just purchase one of his works done by Milbro a moorhammer made ​​in bronze, gold Theraband put 3 strips each side with 2.3 cm each, I would like your guidance, there is some secret about the leather? using moorhammer would like RTS problem if it is too big?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Joerg i & my friend love your youtube channel & blog,we are tunned all the weeks.....good woork be on the way please.


    Saludos Yago Lopez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the nice slingshots that you make can you make a tutorial for 'the V' ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, joerg I have been a regular video watcher of yours and you have got me making amd shooting my own slingshots and have been wondering what is the best plywood to use
    Cheers Tony

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your slingshots but love the metal 1s better

    ReplyDelete